Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's Been Happening

Since returning home from Peru in September, I have been in Jackson working and hanging out with family. I've really enjoyed seeing everyone, as I haven't been in town for this long in a few years. I've been working for my dad and am SO thankful for the employment and the opportunity to learn new things. I've helped some to get the website for his new company, Environmental Turf Services, up and running. Check out the website to get an idea what his company does. I've been able to see my sister Jackie run cross-country for Belhaven in races both in Jackson and Memphis. She's done a great job and get's faster every race! Last Friday, I went to the State fair with all my sisters and we completely pigged-out on fair food for lunch. It's fun once a year (I don't think our stomachs could handle it any more frequently!)

Last weekend, I went to the State football game and had a great time with Sarah, Rachel, and Auston. On Sunday, my family surprised me with a birthday party at Rachel and Auston's for lunch. My birthday's not until Saturday, but Sarah was in town for fall break and wanted to celebrate while she was home. Included in my gifts were two books I've wanted to read for a while: The Poisonwood Bible and Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger. I'm excited to read them and will let you know how they are.

Even though I miss my work and friends in Peru, I am thankful for this time home with friends and family and know that God has given me this time for reflection and respite, and to prepare for future work and service. I am still working on plans to head back to Peru, and I thank everyone for their prayers for me during this time!

No comments: