Friday, March 05, 2010

Peru Paper in the News

I've excited about some of the press that Peru Paper has been receiving lately. The biggest news is a story that a Jackson, MS news station ran on our company and how we got our products into Oscar swag bags. (I'll tell you in a minute how we did that.) Watch the video here and read the story on their website here.

Also, my friend Kristina has a great blog and wrote a great post entitled "Inside the Artist's Studio: Peru Paper." She does a wonderful job highlighting some of the women who work with Peru Paper and does a fantastic job explaining what we're trying to accomplish with this business. Check it out here. She put together some great compilation pictures of our cards and the people of Peru Paper.

So, how did I get the cards in Oscar swag bags? Well, there's a fabulous resource called "HARO" (Help a Reporter Out) which all my friends who have their own business should be on. It's an email query list where reporters of all sorts (from major news outlets to mommy bloggers). They also have requests for products for gift bags. A few months ago, I read a query for products for Oscar swag bags. I emailed the lady with the request about having Peru Paper in the gift bags. She like our products, I like who would get the bags (nominees and presenters at the Oscars), so I sent her the cards and am now waiting to see who's going to get the products!

So, check out those stories to see what others are saying about Peru Paper, then go buy some cards to contribute to the success of the story yourself!

No comments: